At most homes the Easter Bunny leaves sweet candy treats, at our home he delivered some scrumptious Easter cookies! And I happen to have the recipe for all of you! This cookie recipe is best known as the "Neiman Marcus Cookie" but I made it a bit differntly, so I feel like it is its own unique cookie. Here's the recipe you'll need to make these sweet Easter goodies!
1 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (4 ounce) Hershey Bar (grated)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
1. Measure out the oatmeal and pour into blender. Blend till a fine powder.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl cream the butter and both sugars.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture.
5. Now combine the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. It is best to add a bit of the flower at a time. I do about a 1/2 a cup at a time.
6. Now add in chocolate chips, grated Hershey Bar and nuts.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. For more gooey cookies cook for less time (about 8 minutes), and for a more crunchy munchie cook a bit longer.
9. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy your sweet treat!