Saturday, May 28, 2011

Coca-Cola Cupcakes

It's been a while since I last blogged, still getting into the groove of summer time!✻

Well this week I got an itchin' to bake something. Something super sweet and scrumptious! And in popped my mind...I wonder what Coke Cupcakes would taste like! And here follows the answer of that question! THEY TASTE DELICIOUS!!!!! Probably the best chocolate cake recipe I've ever had in my life. And I'm proud to say I even improvised to make my very own icing! Which was heavenly, if I do say so myself. And because I believe that no 100% delicious recipe should ever go unshared, I have the recipe for you!

Coca-Cola Cupcakes

Ingredients:
2 cups of self-rising flour (or 2cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt)
2 cups of sugar
2 tbsp cocoa (I used Hershey's cocoa)
1 cup Coca-Cola
2 sticks (8 ounces) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Now you can either make this a cake or cupcakes. I chose cupcakes because everyone knows they are just more fun! ☺ But depending on your choice you adjust the time you bake them. So for cupcakes I would adjust the time to about 15-20 min. You want the cupcakes to bounce back when you touch them.

Directions:
In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. In a saucpan combine the cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter, and marshmallows; bring to a boil. Combine the boiled mixture with the flour and sugar mixture.

In a separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; add to the first mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until cake tests done.


Now for the icing. I used the basic classic buttercream frosting, but instead of using milk and vanilla I just used Coke! You just beat about 1/2 cup of butter and 2 cups of confectioners sugar together, and then add about 1/4 cup of coke. Also add some cocoa for chocolate Coke Icing. I can't really give you the exact recipe for the frosting because I just kinda did a little bit of this, little bit of that method. But it turned out delicious!!! The more coke you put in the frosting the runnier it will get, so it is always better to start with less, and add more if needed.



I hope you get a chance to try these because they are seriously scrumptious! Even Little Lu thought so! (Don't worry she didn't get to eat any, but she definitely liked the smell. We are puppy safe in this kitchen!)
If you ever find yourself with a little time to spare this summer, I would definitely encourage you to try these delectable treats because they will make your mouth water for more!! Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment