Alright little foodies, are you ready for the easiest most delicious recipe I have yet posted? Because I sure am. Welcome in the mouth-watering goodness of Buttermilk Biscuit Donut Holes. Are you ready to eat some? Because I sure am just looking at these photos. Scrumptious!
Alright so here's how it works.
- Pillsbury Grand's Homestyle Biscuits
- canola oil
1. In a cake pan, make a sugar/cinnamon mixture. Don't be afraid...just wing it. You obviously will use more sugar than cinnamon. But it should be a very soft brown color.
2. Fill a pan with about 1/2 inch of canola oil. Let that heat up for a bit.
3.While you let the oil heat up, cut each biscuit into fourths.
4. Drop about 4 or 5 of the quarters into the oil and let them cook until an even golden color. You'll need to turn them over as they cook so you don't get one side burned.
5. Take donuts out and place on a paper towel to get excess oil off.
6. Roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.
7. Devour. ;)
Here's a quick video of the process.
The possibilities with these are endless! I might just have to blog about how to glaze them, and other fancy flavors! But in the mean time...let's all just sit back and eat a donut!
I don't know whether or not I should say "You're welcome" or "I'm sorry"!
Se la vie!
Se la vie!