Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Birthday Extravaganza!

Yesterday was such a fun day! Busy busy but a day to celebrate one of the best brother's ever. Myfamily is blessed to have my silly brother to make us laugh day in and day out. Our first step in preparing for his birthday was decorating!
Crepe paper streamers are such an easy way to brighten up a room and immediately give the party feel to a room! And of course balloons! Next came my favorite part of birthdays, making the cake!!

So a couple weeks ago I ventured to make Apple Cupcakes (recipe can be found two posts down : ). They were such a big hit, my brother asked for me to make them into a cake! I wasn't exactly sure how it would turn out, but I poured the same recipe batter into a cake pan, and cooked the cake for about 45 min?, I think...I don't really time things, I just watch till they look right or a toothpick comes out clean. Anyway, the cake came out PERFECT! I topped it off with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. Oh my! It was so delicious! The perfect combination.

I think this cake might be the most delicious item I've ever baked! The family can hardly control themselves from eating it! You should most definitely try it!
Next came time for dinner! My wonderful sister and I cooked my brother a yummy dinner of filet mignon, fluffy cloud mashed potatoes, fruit salad, whole wheat and sourdough rolls, and my brothers' favorite veggie...bacon wrapped asparagus.




This is the only way we could ever get my brothers to eat asparagus, and they like it so much they ask for it! Here's the recipe and cooking instructions.

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
Ingredients:
-Asparagus
-Bacon
-Pepper
-Salt


Directions: Wash the asparagus first : ) Then grab about 3-4 spears of asparagus. Take a whole bacon slice (center cut bacon is preferred) Wrap once around a single spear then wrap around all four. This helps it stay wrapped. Then set aside and continue with the rest of asparagus. Once finished wrapping asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and grill for about 10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked well. Big spears of asparagus are better for this recipe because they don't cook as fast as the small thin ones. The asparagus cooks faster than the bacon so it's best to use the bigger spears.

After an hour and half of fun cooking, we were finally finished! And boy were we hungry! The dinner was excellent, and enjoyed by the family. The Lord is so wonderful in blessing us so abundantly!


I hope you have a blessed fantastic day friend! May the Lord shower you with His blessings and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment