Monday, August 23, 2010

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


As I get ready to depart to school, I thought I would leave a little treat for the family. So I decided on one of their favorite cookies. It is super easy and quick, and the found on the back of an oatmeal lid. Yup, the basic recipe is right under there hiding from you! Often the recipes on a product are quite delicious, we just don't think to try them, at least my family doesn't too often. I tried this recipe once when I was in middle school and found it to be really good, and so i've kept it around since. Here it is!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins


Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.


I like to even add some nuts such as pecans or walnuts for a little extra flavor and crunchiness! This recipe is fun to experiment with. Some people don't like raisins...why? I'll never understand. So you can substitute the raisins for chocolate chips or you could even use some dried cranberries if you would like a more tart flavor! The possibilities are endless!

I hope you are having a blessed day. Let us never forget the blessing that is family, no matter how much they drive us crazy! May God shower you with mercy and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment