So you love snickerdoodle cookies? Well my friend, say hello to your new favorite little doodle. The Snickerdoodle Cupcake! These are super easy and wonderfully delicious! These little scrumptious cakes are topped with yummy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Here follows the recipes so you can enjoy these yourself!
Ingredients for cupcake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
3. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes
4. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until combined
5. Add vanilla and mix throughly
6. Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar in three additions. Alternate with milk in two additions
7. Fill in baking cups about 3/4 full
8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes
9. Remove cupcakes from trays and let cool
10. Ice and sprinkle with brown sugar
Ingredients for frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup stick margarine or butter, softened*
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp milk
Directions for frosting:
1. Mix powdered sugar and margarine in medium bowl.
2. Stir in vanilla and milk.
3. Beat until smooth and spreadable.
They are so easy and so delicious! I picked a simple frosting recipe because sometimes you just need a quick frosting, but don't want to resort to store bought (it just isn't the same!). These recipe is quick and makes about 24 cupcakes! I hope you enjoy these sweet treats as much as my family and I did!