Monday, May 27, 2013

Color Scheming

Happy Memorial Day sweet friends!
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend. Here the day was greeted with a beautiful cool breeze that made running this morning easy.

Yes...I said running. This little lady who has sworn to never be a runner is actually training for a 5k (start small right?) The most hilarious part...I ran 2x as much as I was supposed to because apparently I'm not good at math in the morning or maybe it's just running biting me back for being so stubborn to start! Anyway, we'll see how this 10 week training goes. I'm not very good at keeping goals ;) but who knows it might be fun to become a runner. I think I would enjoy it more if I lived in the country, but that is a different story.

So whats on the blog today? COLORS! I've been working on my upcoming line of work for the shop, and I have been searching for some color inspiration. I'm always pinning and realized that I seem to pin the same color schemes. So I decided to take pictures that I love or have interesting color combinations and use them for my projects.  It's super easy especially if you have photoshop.

 All I do is upload the picture to photoshop and then using the "Color Picker" tool (looks like an eye-dropper) and pick out the colors that catch my eye. I then add them to my color book and am able to get some ideas when I get stumped. You can take any picture and create a color palette.

I love how each person has a unique taste when it comes to colors they are attracted to. It is also interesting to find the colors that draw your eye.


I love using natural hues with a pop of color like this yellow one. I don't lean towards yellow often but when it is paired with grey and white its a different story.


If you know me you know my go to colors are always green and blue. I love the little touches of peach and yellow. Color combo I wouldn't have thought would work.

And who doesn't love a little pop of red and pink? 


I hope this encouraged you to start finding color inspiration in photography! It's times like this that I praise the Lord for color. It would be such a dreary world without His artistic touches. And I can't wait to see the new colors of Heaven some day! 
Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment