Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Flour/Butterless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

That title sure is a tasty mouthful! Sorry I'm a bit behind blogging this week. It's become quite a busy season and I'm sorry to not have more time to devote to my hobbies. Anyway, I hope that this day finds you peaceful and at ease in the Lord. I am seeing more and more how faithful He is to help me through the stress and anxieties of this transitioning season. I'm setting sail to the "real world" and saying good-bye to college life for good. I'm applying to teach, and it isn't exactly an easy task. However, the Lord is trustworthy and dependable. I know He will put me where He sees best.

Now to the cookies! I'm not playing around with you. These cookies are fo realzzz. No flour. No butter. (although I love butter...not as much as Miss Paula Dean, but still). Thanks to Tasty Kitchen Blog for the recipe!

Let's get started. You'll need only seven ingredients.

  Ingredients:
(Makes 16-20 cookies)

  • 2/3 cup Rolled Oats (I just used Old Fashioned Quaker Oats I had)
  • 1tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
  • 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (I use Mexican Vanilla...it's in my blood ;) and tastes a million times better!)
  • 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350˚F.

In a small bowl, mix together oats and baking soda; set aside.

In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.


Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips. 
( I was in a hurry so I just chunked it all in together. But I would encourage just stirring in. :)


Scoop about 2-inch balls and place onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. The dough is pretty sticky, but I just used a tablespoon to scoop the dough and then another spoon to slide it out onto the tray.


Bake for 9-11 minutes and remove when the edges are barely turning golden brown. The cookies may look a little undercooked, but they will continue to cook once you remove them. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the tray and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely, or you can always transfer one to your mouth...


And there you have it! SO GOOD, RIGHT!?  


 Happy baking and many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment