Monday, October 10, 2011

So Easy a Pumpkin Could Do it!

In the spirit of fall, not of halloween (I dislike halloween, but that's another story!) I decided to make some pumpkin muffins! Granted, I was led to when I saw how easy this recipe was. I was highly skeptical that something so simple could really be delicious. Well, I stand corrected. THEY ARE DELICIOUS! And so easy a toddler can make them!

A friend found the recipe on the ever-so-addicting Pinterest. (You can follow me on Pinterest here.) P.S. I have limited myself to 10 min max a day on it because it is a bit too addicting. I realized how many other things I could have been doing, that are bit more worthwhile! Oops, did I just say that? yes. yes i did. I challenge you to limit yourself on Pinterest, or on the computer all together. Go for a walk, or here's a novel idea! Bake something! Ok. Preaching over. : )

Now to the Pumpkin! 

Ingredients:
1 box of Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 15 oz can of Pumpkin Pie Mix
Yes, that is all. No eggs, water, oil, nada!
Mix together cake mix and pumpkin. 
Set oven to 325〫

I like to use an ice cream scoop, but when I do not have one around I use a small spoon.
Place dough by rounded spoonfuls into cupcake liners. Fill liners depending on the desired size of muffins. I like to fill them about 1/2 full, but this dough does not rise as much as other recipes so feel free to add a bit more than usual. 

(I apologize for the poor picture quality. I do not have the best lighting in my house at college :)

Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes. The muffins should bounce back when touched.

And there you have it! Delicious and perfect-for-fall Pumpkin muffins!  I like to top mine off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. It gives them a sweet little touch.

So here's to scrumptious easy recipes! 
Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment